This is a macro + DLL, so unfortunately it only works on Windows.
See the Readme.htm file for installation and usage instructions.
The new enhOpen
command pops up an Open File dialog that is similar to the Files toolbar and the Open toolbar, but has some key differences:
- There are 3 tabs: Any (list files relative to current working directory), Project (list files from the current project), and Workspace (list files from the current workspace).
- There is only one column, which allows the list to show as much of the path as possible.
- Shows the OS file icons for each file, and the icons are retrieved on a background thread for optimal performance.
- The list is automatically filtered as you type: by default a prefix match is used for the filename portion of what you type, and a suffix match is used for the path portion of what you type. See the Readme file for some examples.
- Filtering allows * and ? wildcards. Star (*) matches any number of characters, and question mark (?) matches any one character. No need to learn a special syntax, it just uses normal file system wildcards.
There are a few configuration settings available.
See the Readme file in the ZIP file for more information.
Full source code for the DLL is included, but there is no makefile/etc. If you want to build it, you'll need to set that stuff up yourself (the only slightly atypical thing is that you'll need to preprocess the manifest.xml file to get the version number filled in properly).