Author Topic: Autocomplete shortcut to browse through overloaded function/method prototypes  (Read 1128 times)

Michael Flad

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Can someone please tell me how I browse trough all the available variations of an overloaded method/function shown in the autocomplete popup, i.e. the the line with the prototype/parameterlist. There are tiny blue arrows to click with the mouse but that's obviously not a usable way to do it while typing.

I tried to find a fitting command in the Keybindings but it seems I either missed it or wasn't able to search for the right name of the command.

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 285
It's a dedicated (hardwired) binding: <CTRL>-<PGUP>/<PGDN>
I guess it's in the docs, too.
HS2

Michael Flad

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Thanks a lot, that works - I thought I did a try & error with most key combinations already but I guess I missed that one.

You're right, it actually can be found in the documentation but as strange as I find that it's a hardcoded shortcut is where it's documented. It's on the page of the Auto-Complete options (at least still related) in the subsection Visual Details and there in the Show Comments explanation.

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 285
IMHO in general it's hard to create docs containing a lot of detailed information which are also very easy to use.
Also quite often there is a certain bias of the creator(s) of such documentation caused by their understanding of the things described...
So it's great to have the forums along with the docs ;D
HS2