Author Topic: Problems looking up tags across files for new language  (Read 3939 times)

hivision

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Problems looking up tags across files for new language
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:27 AM »
Hi All,

I'm currently using VS 2011 (and pending successful implementation of this macro I'll probably upgrade to the latest version).

I'm trying to implement tagging/auto-completion/jump-to-definition support for a scripting language we use called GameMonkey. I've got it to the point where in the class browser I can see the gamemonkey files and expand them and see the functions and global variables defined within, and I can also use the auto-completion and jump-to-definition features for tags that are in the *same* file, but for some reason it won't find tags from other files.

Gamemonkey is a global definition system which means it has no #includes or #imports or namespaces, could this be causing a problem?

I've attached the gm.e file I have created so far.  Source code looks like this in general:

Code: [Select]
global g_frog = function( arg1, arg2, arg3 )
{
  DoSomething();
}

global g_somevar = 10;

global MakeSomeObject = function()
{
  local SomeObject = { };

SomeObject.memberfunc1 = function()
  {
      DoSomething2();
  };
  return SomeObject;
}

Also, I could do with some more tips:
Because the language is typeless and real-time, I would like all function names (even ones like memberfunc1) to be registered in a globally accessible tagged namespace.  So when I click Alt-. I get a list of the same names with their creating objects listed up to the right. (in this case SomeObject)
In gm.e I have parsed out the "SomeObject" and I pass it as the "class" but that might be causing some namespace lookup problems?

Any and all help much appreciated!

hivision

Re: Problems looking up tags across files for new language
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »
Do any official Slickedit coders check these forums or should I mail their support?

lambertia

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
  • I have nothing sufficiently witty to say.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 05:07:53 AM »
They do read but this is not the support channel. If I were you I would contact support.

hivision

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Ok, thanks, I'll drop them a note pointing here.