Author Topic: Missing C++ keywords  (Read 3927 times)

bengle

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
Missing C++ keywords
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
The following C++ keywords are missing from the default set:

__try  __finally  __except  __leave  generic  finally  get  initonly  internal  set

Some of them are for Microsoft structured exception handling.  The others are used in C++/CLI (managed C++).  Could these possibly be added to the default set so that they don't have to be added manually each time?

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: Missing C++ keywords
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
I can add those keywords, except for "get" and "set", we probably will get some complaints about color coding non-standard C++ keywords, but we already have a few C++ CLI keywords in there, so what's a few more.

Your color coding settings (user.vlx) should have been copied over from your 18.0.1 configuration.  Did you start the beta with a fresh installation directory, or was there a problem migrating your color coding settings?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:50:25 PM by Dennis »

bengle

• Hero Points: 4
Re: Missing C++ keywords
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »
I temporarily renamed my SlickEdit 1.8.0.1 configuration directory.   When there is a major new release, I like to start with a clean sheet of paper.   I prefer to review all of the settings, because sometimes some of the old ones no longer make sense in light of changes to the product, or even because of changes to my own environment or to the way I am now doing things.