Author Topic: First run handling of user macro files problem  (Read 3461 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
First run handling of user macro files problem
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:46:17 PM »
When first running V19 my slick C macro files each turn up twice in the "list user loaded modules" dialog.  One copy is in my V18 config folder/sub-folders (and has been rebuilt there) and one copy is in my V19  config folder.  I don't know what the expected behaviour is and I vaguely remember reporting this problem in previous betas.  Running V18 and doing "list user loaded modules" shows only one copy of each macro file.

Graeme

Re: First run handling of user macro files problem
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
When first running V19 my slick C macro files each turn up twice in the "list user loaded modules" dialog.  One copy is in my V18 config folder/sub-folders (and has been rebuilt there) and one copy is in my V19  config folder.  I don't know what the expected behaviour is and I vaguely remember reporting this problem in previous betas.  Running V18 and doing "list user loaded modules" shows only one copy of each macro file.

I'm trying to investigate this myself.  So far I've found that if I copy my V18 config folder to some other unrelated temporary folder, then do a V19 "first run", the V19 folder ends up with a duplicate set of macro files shown in "list user modules"  - but the second set is actually from my original configuration folder, not from the configuration folder that V19 cloned..  How could that happen?  def_macfiles in vusrdefs.e has all relative paths.  I thought it might be because I had  a workspace open that had all the original files but I closed the workspace before the V19 first run and "list user modules" still comes up a list of the original files.  Mystery.

Graeme

Re: First run handling of user macro files problem
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »
I think it might actually be something to do with having a workspace open (with a bunch of slick c files in it) prior to doing V19 first run.  I've tried twice again with the workspace closed and get a different result - no duplicate ex files in "list user modules" but now I get two errors reported (probably genuine) when slick re-compiles my macro files.  Trouble is it takes ages to experiment and I don't feel like spending any more time on it right now.  I'll make sure I have the workspace closed for any more V19 first runs I do and see if I get any more problems.