Author Topic: Multiple Cursor Selection Strangeness  (Read 1503 times)

rgloden

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
Multiple Cursor Selection Strangeness
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:15:16 pm »
* When I select a single column (e.g. the numbers in the following example) using the "Shift+RButtonDown and drag", the selection contains lines without any characters in that column.  It acts like "RButtonDown and drag without Shift".  Expected the selection not too include the blank lines.

* When I select 2 columns (the numbers and following semicolon in the example), the selection does not contain the lines without any characters in the column (which is what I expected).  However, only 1 column is shown as selected.  I have to select 3 columns to actually select 2 columns, or select 5 columns to actually select 4.

* Enumerate (the reason I need this) for the first case enumerates every line, even the lines without code which behaves like the old block select (which is not what I want).  Enumerate for the second case has a bug, e.g. it inserts a single Enumeration outside of the selection, e.g. at beginning of the last selected line and grows the selection to include the whole last line.  What i was hoping for was just to Enumeration lines with selection, e.g. to exclude the lines without selected characters ... so it appears we are getting there with the new version.

Sample Code:

procedure main is

-- fruit
apple    : integer   := 1;
grapes   : integer   := 2;

-- colors
red      : integer   := 3;
blue     : integer   := 4;

-- clothes
socks    : integer   := 5;
shoes    : integer   := 6;

end main;
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:54:53 pm by rgloden »

Clark

• Hero Points: 409
Re: Multiple Cursor Selection Strangeness
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:33:17 pm »
We will look into the first two issues you noted. Sounds like something is not working. Enumerate doesn't support multiple cursor as someone else noted. I dont know if we will have time to add this one before release. Enumerate support appears to be wanted by others.

Thanks for your post

Clark

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:02:40 am »
The selection issues will be fixed in the next beta. Thanks

Clark

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:13:03 pm »
Next beta will have multiple selection support for gui_enumerate and enumerate.