Author Topic: B1: No top-level menu hotkeys  (Read 7788 times)

jnairb

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 11
Re: B1: No top-level menu hotkeys
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »
For me on Windows 7 x64, this is mostly fixed and is easily correctable afterwards:

Deleted Beta 3 19.0.0 config directory and started VS 19 beta 4 which copied my 18.0.1 config.
My 18.0.1 top level menu had the 1st char as the hot key for all menus except Tools which was T&ools. The 19.0.0 beta 4 top level menu had the 1st char as the hot key for all menus except View which was V&iew. Editing _mdi_menu and changing to &View, now sticks after saving, so it's at least correctable.

Contrast that with starting 19.0.0 beta 4 with -sc junk so there's no 18.0.1 config to copy, and then the top level menu has the 1st char as the hot key for all menus (no exceptions). I have no idea why this is different.

There's obviously a bug in the upgrade from the 18.0.1 config somewhere, but it's at least less severe now.

Clark

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: B1: No top-level menu hotkeys
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
The basic logic for hot keys is to use the first letter if there is no key binding. If there is a binding, try the users edit (hot key on the menu resource). However, the logic for "View" and "Tools" is special cased. For these, the first letter is checked for no binding. Then the second letter is checked for no binding. If both fail, then the users edit is checked. If all fail, and we are on Ubuntu with Unity, then remove the hot key letter.