Author Topic: B1: tool window layout not upgraded from V18  (Read 3132 times)

jnairb

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 11
B1: tool window layout not upgraded from V18
« on: August 25, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »
Running on Windows 7 x64. When I start SlickEdit 19 with no config directory, it did not appear that my tool window layout was not copied from my SE18 configuration. Some tool windows that I normally have open/docked were not open, and the location of the tool windows was not the same. I got the same tool windows and layout as if I start with a new configuration directory. Should this have been copied from my old configuration?

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: B1: tool window layout not upgraded from V18
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:22:49 PM »
We were not able to migrate your tool-window layout for v19. Toolbars are migrated, but not tool-windows.

++rodney

jnairb

• Hero Points: 11
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »
OK, thanks for the quick reply.

In general, when upgrading to a new beta, I've always deleted the beta config directory and let it upgrade from the previous release config directory to make sure I pick up any possible upgrade fixes. Having to reset all my tool windows each time is going to be somewhat painful. Am I going overboard in deleting my old beta config?

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 08:40:45 PM »
No, that is probably a good practice. Upgrading configs from a prior release is expected to work, but upgrading from a prior beta can be "iffy" since much can be in flux.

I suppose you can upgrade over the beta config and, if you encounter a problem, remember to blast the config and try reproducing the problem before reporting it.