Author Topic: Issue with fonts  (Read 4020 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
Issue with fonts
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »
SlickEdit 2014 (v19.0.0.4)

Serial number: xxx
License type: Beta License
License expiration: 2014-10-05 03:42:00
License file: /Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/19/slickedit.lic

Build Date: August 20, 2014
Emulation: CUA

OS Version: 10.8.5
Processor Architecture: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz 64 bit (4 cores)

Memory: 19% Load, 2345MB/12288MB Virtual
Shell Info: /Applications/SlickEdit2014.app/Contents/MacOS/secsh -i
Screen Size: 2560 x 1440

Project Type: Cpp
Language: .cpp (C/C++)

Installation Directory: /Applications/SlickEdit2014.app/Contents/
Configuration Directory: /Users/russ/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/19.0.0/

I'm trying to keep the Tools/Options/Fonts window open, select a new font, click Apply to see the font changes without closing the entire dialog. This works only a few times (5 or so) before the apply button stops working for me. At that point I have to restart SE to be able to make font changes. Yes I did try to close the Tools/Options dialog and reopen just it but the issue persisted until SE was restarted.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: Issue with fonts
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Which element are you changing fonts for?  Are you changing sizes and styles, too?

If you could give me a step-by-step breakdown, from opening the options dialog to the point where it stops working for you, that would really be helpful.  Thanks!

rajkej

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:04:22 PM »
1) Install new fonts in /Library/Fonts

2) Open SE.

3) I have two source code windows up, side-by-side with two different files showing.

4) Select Tools/Options/Appearance/Fonts. Put this dialog off to the side of the editor window so you can see the source code from step 3 and you can see this options dialog at the same time. One monitor setup on my machine.

5) Choose SBCS/DBCS Source Windows, Fixed Fonts only, Use anti-aliasing.

6) Select a different font, click Apply. This updates the source code display with the new font. In my case, I switched from "Default Fixed Font" to "Consolas". I didn't change anything else. The font size stayed at 12.

7) Switch the font again, and again (I switch between lots of fonts, Courier, Courier New, etc). After choosing a new font, each time I would press the Apply button to see what it looked like on my code. After about 6 switches the issue occurs. At no time did I dismiss the options dialog during this step.

8) Once the issue occurs I close the options dialog and try starting over at step 4. Issue immediately occurs. The source code window will no longer update.

9) Close/Quit SE

10) Open SE. The last font selected in step 8 is the active font now. So the updates seemed to be happening but the screen just wasn't drawing the updated font when I clicked Apply or OK on the options dialog.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
Which new fonts did you install?  Do you still get the bug without clicking on any of the new ones?

rajkej

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 09:00:48 PM »
I installed the Consolas (from an OpenXML_all_fonts.pkg file), 'Anonymous Pro', and 'Source Code Pro' set of fonts.

I settled on Source Code Pro for the moment and have restarted my machine (powered off on Fri, powered on today) since installing the new fonts. I'm currently unable to reproduce the issue. Maybe this has something to do with restarting after installing fonts?