Author Topic: Problems on Fedora Core 6  (Read 4389 times)

tweakhead

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Problems on Fedora Core 6
« on: February 01, 2007, 01:18:57 AM »
I'm seeing a few issues running SlickEdit on Fedora Core 6. I'm running in Visual C++ 6 emulation mode. Everytime I do a "Ctrl+F" to find something, it finds the first occurrence of the string. After that the file becomes un-editable. I can only move the cursor around. I cant type anything since the editor  refuses to accept any keystrokes. The only way I can restore my sanity is to quit SlickEdit and get back in. Anyone else seeing these problems?

thanks in advance.
-tweakhead

tweakhead

Re: Problems on Fedora Core 6
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »
I fixed this by doing this:

export GTK_IM_MODULE=
export XMODIFIERS=
/opt/slickedit11/bin/vs

bf21195

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
Sounds like you got around it, but in case the Slickedit crew is reading this, I think this may have to do with the 'keyboard input methods'.  I ran into this under FC 6 (latest service), running Gnome.  All was working well until I installed a set of Chinese fonts.  After that, I ran into the same problem, the 'Find' command would render the keyboard useless inside of Slickedit.

I got around this by going to the 'scim' configuration, and disabling it.  I am theorizing that the installation of the Chinese fonts also installed a hook for entering Chinese characters with the keyboard.  This in turn caused a conflict.

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:05:03 PM »
@bf21195

Yes, your theory is quite right on the spot.  This issue is related to the way SlickEdit interacts with certain XIM servers as we touched on this issue on this thread: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=706.0 .