Author Topic: Floating toolwindow problem  (Read 949 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 225
Floating toolwindow problem
« on: August 30, 2014, 08:52:42 am »
Drag the review toolwindow group from default docked position to a floating window.  Size the window to about six inch by six.  Drag the references thing out of this to be its own floating window.  Go back to the preview window, click on preview <-> build tabs.  The titlebar doesn't update.  Click on message list tab, the vertical size of the window gets halved.  This is reproducible.  You don't actually have to drag the refs toolwindow out either.

Graeme

Re: Floating toolwindow problem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:00:02 am »
Close and open slick a few times to see what happens with all my floating toolwindows.  One time the messages window halved its size all by itself.  Another time it halved in size when I clicked on it.

[Wish the forum software wouldn't lose the post you just wrote when your login's timed out.]

Graeme

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:02:25 am »
Also if I have the preview tab selected when I close slick, it sometimes jumps to the messages tab (and halves the window size) when I open slick.  It should stay on the tab I had selected when I closed slick.

Graeme

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 09:06:24 am »
Same story with a floating edit window with standard layout i..e a docked projects toolwindow  - it doesn't remember which tab I had selected - projects / defs etc..

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 45
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 02:54:31 pm »
Reproduced. Thanks for the report.

++rodney

skywise

• Hero Points: 9
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 05:51:32 pm »
Not sure if this is related - I was working on a Windows 7 machine via remote desktop and saw a weird issue.  SE was set for full screen and all my tool windows were docked and hidden.  I think the screen saver/timeout started to engage (the screen blacked out) and I hit a certain key combination while trying to bring the screen back - When the screen came back all of my hidden toolwindows were visible AND floating, I tried dragging one back to the tool bar but the docking icons didn't appear. I minimized SE via the windows controls and then restored it and all the floating windows were gone and back to their hidden state and proper locations.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:00:03 pm »
The bug where all your auto-hidden tool-windows suddenly become floating and visible has been fixed in the next beta.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 05:28:32 am »
The bug where autorestore does not remember the current tool-window tab is fixed for the next beta.

++rodney