Author Topic: Beta 2 MAC: Dragging tool window requires selection first  (Read 1195 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
Beta 2 MAC: Dragging tool window requires selection first
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »
I don't recall this being an issue on earlier versions but I didn't verify.

I deleted all of my Beta 1 config directory Library/App*/SlickEdit/19.0.0. Then let SE Beta 2 convert my Version 18.0.3 directory. This doesn't port over the split tool windows I use. The default tool windows on the left portion of the screen are "Projects, Defs, Class, Symbols, Open". I like to split those so that Open is always available. So I drug the Open window but it dropped the Projects window. Testing shows that whatever window is current is what gets dragged even though it seems I can drag any of them without having to make them current before dragging. The graphic seems to show me dragging the window I want to start with but once it separates, I'm actually dragging the currently selected window and not the tab I started to drag.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing to understand

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 47
Re: Beta 2 MAC: Dragging tool window requires selection first
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »
The only way I can see this happening is if the scroll wheel changes the current tab while I am dragging the tab (the scroll wheel lets you scroll through tabs when hovered over the tabbar). Is this what is happening?

++rodney

rajkej

• Hero Points: 12
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:05:40 pm »
The only way I can see this happening is if the scroll wheel changes the current tab while I am dragging the tab (the scroll wheel lets you scroll through tabs when hovered over the tabbar). Is this what is happening?

++rodney
I am not hitting the scroll wheel during this. Picture the following: Tab window has "Defs, Class, Symbols" on it. I tested the scroll wheel and it does what you stated. The Defs tab is currently on top/selected (far left). I click/drag from the Symbols tab (far right) and it seems I got it (both Defs and Symbols are highlighted, Symbols tab will move slightly with my cursor). But once I get my cursor far enough away from the docked window that it draws me dragging (all of SE greys out and I now see the window I am actually dragging as a separate object), the window is actually the Defs window not the Symbols window I drug.

Here's my about info in case that helps. I am running an older version of OS/X.

SlickEdit 2014 (v19.0.0.5)

Serial number: FE12499_BETA
License type: Beta License
License expiration: 2014-10-05 03:42:00
License file: /Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/19/slickedit.lic

Build Date: September 02, 2014
Emulation: CUA

OS Version: 10.8.5
Processor Architecture: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz 64 bit (4 cores)

Memory: 42% Load, 5174MB/12288MB Virtual
Shell Info: /Applications/SlickEdit2014.app/Contents/MacOS/secsh -i
Screen Size: 2560 x 1440

Project Type: Cpp
Language: .py (Python)

Installation Directory: /Applications/SlickEdit2014.app/Contents/
Configuration Directory: /Users/russ/Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/19.0.0/

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 47
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 04:49:30 pm »
Interesting bug. The problem is that, on Mac, the default behavior was NOT to select the tool-window Tab until the mouse-button was _released_. This was a style-hinting thing that was Mac-specific and not anything specific we were doing. Fixed for the next beta.

++rodney