Author Topic: B2 MAC File Tabs tool window wrong size  (Read 3495 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
B2 MAC File Tabs tool window wrong size
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »
In Beta 2 there seems to be a change to the "View->Tool Windows->File Tabs" dialog and its sizing. By default this wasn't ported from my SE V18 settings so I had to manually turn this on. I went to the menu item and enabled it. It started out as a floating window. I drag it to dock under my editor window yet above the "Search Results/Preview/etc" windows. This is the way I did them prior as well. But the File Tabs window width is smaller than my editor window size. This cuts off some of the file names and makes me scroll earlier than I want to.

See attached image.

I was unable to figure out how to widen the tool bar so that it was as wide as my editor window. At one point I couldn't modify the height of the window but that somehow unlocked for me but I'm not sure how.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: B2 MAC File Tabs tool window wrong size
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
We know about this and will fix it. In the meantime, you should be able to exit and restart the editor and it will fix the size (at least this is the case on Windows).

++rodney

rajkej

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:10:09 PM »
We know about this and will fix it. In the meantime, you should be able to exit and restart the editor and it will fix the size (at least this is the case on Windows).

++rodney
Restarting the editor on MAC does not fix this for me.

rajkej

Re: B2 MAC File Tabs tool window wrong size (update for B3)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »
Beta 3 on MAC when I first open the File Tabs tool window, it is the wrong size. I had to drag it out of placement and back in to get it to size properly.

tuchman

• Hero Points: 7
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 03:12:37 AM »
On B3 I also had to move the files tab around several times before both the horizontal and vertical sizes were correct. I'm still not happy with the final result on the vertical size - the files tab still takes too much space away from the edit window.  The gray area extends too far below the end of the tabs. My impression is that this worked better on B1.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 03:20:07 AM »
This tool-window presents difficulties in the new framework since it is the only one that has a fixed height. It has been a real thorn in my side, but rest assured that it will be right before gold.  ;)

tuchman

• Hero Points: 7
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 03:54:15 AM »
FYI: I just noticed that the file tabs reverted back to the wrong horizontal width after closing and restarting SE  :(
On the positive side, my initial impression is that perl debugging is more stable compared to SE2013 and SE2014-B1.