Author Topic: Highlights map && searching  (Read 2853 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Highlights map && searching
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:23:30 PM »

On the right side of the buffer there is a vertical area next to the scroll bar showing where the highlights are (like for search, errors, etc).
#1 Can you add an indicator in this area for where the cursors are, and a bracket around the area being displayed?

Also, I just noticed a problem..
I searched for "std" ( a string which shows up a bunch of times in the file), and selected "highlight all matches".
Now there is an indicator for each match.

I search again for "somethingelse", and unchecked "highlight all matches".
#2 The highlights for "std" were cleared, but the map still shows all the locations for "std" -- it should also get cleared.

#3 Clicking a highlight in that map area appears to move the "active" cursor to that location, and does not remove other cursors like clicking in the edit window does.
Ctrl+Click in the highlight map should create a new cursor, but does not.

#4: Seems like the "Colors->Selections->Cursor" color could be used to color all the cursors except the "active" cursor - and that seems consistent with what this color is currently used for.

Its OK with me if only the active cursor blinks.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: Highlights map && searching
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
#1: The area being displayed is roughly the scroll bar thumb.  For large files, it will be the area at the top of the scroll bar thumb.

#2: I'll check into this.

#3: I'll see what we can do with this.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: Highlights map && searching
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 02:01:18 PM »
I search again for "somethingelse", and unchecked "highlight all matches".
#2 The highlights for "std" were cleared, but the map still shows all the locations for "std" -- it should also get cleared.

#3 Clicking a highlight in that map area appears to move the "active" cursor to that location, and does not remove other cursors like clicking in the edit window does.
Ctrl+Click in the highlight map should create a new cursor, but does not.

For #2 you're right and this is fixed for the next beta drop.

For #3, we agree clicking on an item should clear multiple cursors.  We respectfully disagree that ctrl+clicking on one should create a new cursor.  We may eventually add a way to do this with the context menu.