Author Topic: Beta 2 Install Issue.  (Read 2384 times)

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 29
Beta 2 Install Issue.
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »
Post in this topic postfive.

postfive

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Beta 2 Install Issue.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »
This problem occurred during installation of Beta 1 as well, but I was able to click buttons and get past it then.  Now I'm stuck.  After running vsinst on a 64-bit CentOS 6 (2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Feb 1) platform, "running license manager to verify license", the text on the pop-up screens is all squares; no readable text, so it appears to be a basic font issue.  I'm running this in a generic xterm window.  I have no idea what it's asking at this point and clicking various prompt buttons is not allowing me to pass through to the installation.  Unfortunately I am unable to provide a screen shot at this time; display is Windows 7 running Reflection X and there appears to be a problem with screen print capture.

Clark

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »
Were you able to install the license file? If not, manually copy your license file to the "bin" directory of the installation.

postfive

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »
Shannon advised me to simply close out the unreadable screens, as the install process should have been completed at that point behind the scenes.  I did so, at which point the primary screen indicated that the install was completed, then moved the license file in place, and the product is now operational.  Note that this issue occurs after you have to say "yes" to the license agreement, but before it says that the product install is complete.  I still suspect a font issue, so probably our default font sets do not match what your install product is expecting.  I would think that a very basic fixed font would be appropriate.