Author Topic: beta 5 first time gives macro load error  (Read 2917 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
beta 5 first time gives macro load error
« on: September 17, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
Running beta 5 for the first time after installing, using the same configuration folder as beta 3, I get errors loading my 3 xretrace modules.  As complained of by jporkkahtc here http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,10394.msg43855.html#msg43855
slickedit reports "file not found" (twice I think) but doesn't tell you which file it couldn't find!!!.

I then load the 3 xretrace modules manually without errors.
def_macfiles has relative pathnames for the 3 files involved but the error dialog that listed the 3 ex files that got errors lists fully qualified pathnames that are correct.
Is def_macfiles allowed to have relative filenames?
Does slick set the "current folder" appropriately when it rebuilds a macro file - or does it need to?
I have no clue why my 3 macro files got errors.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: beta 5 first time gives macro load error
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »
Where are your macros stored?

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »
Nevermind, I was able to reproduce this by putting them into the config directory.  Looking into it now.

Graeme

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:22:36 PM »
For the record, some of my macro files are in sub-folders of the config folder and (because this is a beta test and migrating my config gave me problems) some are in a parent folder of the config folder.

Graeme

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 10:52:11 PM »
Also, a long-standing problem is if you get a runtime error in a macro file, slick pops up a dialog showing the filename that had the error.  I think you're supposed to be able to double click on the error line in the "stack" dialog and get taken to the error but slick always reports file not found - it does tell you the filename though... - in that particular dialog.  I've tried specifying the path to the macro folder in vslick.ini environment variables VSLICKINCLUDE and VSLICKPATH but it didn't help.

Graeme

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »
Another thing, if you create a spurious runtime error, like calling a function that doesn't exist in the definit function in your macro, when you re-start slickedit with that error present, slickedit only half starts up and in my case, gets an error in autosave shutting down as well.  I guess it's hard for slick to handle this any better though.