Author Topic: Select Symbols doesn't open selected file. Doesn't stay where you put it either  (Read 2819 times)

MattKnepp

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
When you open the "Select Symbol" window neither a double click, <enter>, or a click on the OK button will open the select file containing the symbol.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
What platform are you running on?  And is there possibly another modal dialog somewhere that has focus?  I am not able to reproduce this, so I am going to need more info on how you got to the Select Symbol window.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:07:58 PM by Lee »

MattKnepp

• Community Member
I am on Dell OptiPlex 990 running Win7 x64.  I did not have this problem with v18 and still don't.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
Are you referring to "Find Symbol" tool window or some other window?  Maybe post a screenshot of the window you are talking about?

MattKnepp

• Community Member
No.  The title of the window is "Select Symbols".  It is the window you get when mouse over say a function then get the balloon with the green arrow.  You click the green arrow and you get the "Select Symbols" box.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
Thank you for the clarification.  I am still unable to reproduce/confirm this with the given information.  Could you go into more detail on what type of project/file and symbol you are hovering over? 

MattKnepp

• Community Member
Interestingly it is working fine for me now also.  Is it possible that it only happened when the project was initially tagging.  It happened very shortly after I initially launched SlickEdit.