Author Topic: Access Denied  (Read 2352 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Access Denied
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
I have two files open from the Win7 SDK (in C:\program files...).
[size=78%]I do not have permission to edit them, but they are not read only.[/size]

Then, [/size][size=78%]Close Slick edit[/size]

Reopen slick edit

Those two files are still open in Slickedit.

Go to "cmdline.cpp" and File->Save.
I get prompted:

[/size]=============
[/size]C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Samples\winui\WindowsSearch\CrawlScopeCommandLine\cmdline.cpp
[/size]Do you wish to:[/size]Checkout[/size]Get Latest[/size]Make writable[/size]Save[/size]=====[/size][/size]But, the other file (csmcmd.cpp), when I File->Save, I get this dialog:
[/size]--------------------------- SlickEdit --------------------------- Unable to save C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Samples\winui\WindowsSearch\CrawlScopeCommandLine\csmcmd.cpp to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Samples\winui\WindowsSearch\CrawlScopeCommandLine\csmcmd.cpp" Access denied Possible causes: Backup directory could not be created. Another program has this file open. See help on "Backup options". --------------------------- OK ---------------------------
[/size][/pre]

The difference seems to be if I have made any changes to the file (even if saving the changes has always failed).
Go back to "cmdline.cpp".
Toggle RO to RW: Slick allows this without complaining.
Insert a character, then Undo
Now File->Save.
You now get the second prompt.

I'd expect in both cases to get the first prompt, giving me the opportunity to save to a different location.

[/font]