Author Topic: B5: backup history/diff appears to do a "double open"  (Read 3328 times)

skywise

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 10
B5: backup history/diff appears to do a "double open"
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »
Win7x64.

I've got the backup history tool window docked and hidden on the left - if I click on that to display it and then click on a history item to see a diff, I'll get the diff window opened normally with the diff text and then a second or two after the window first appears it seems to close/reopen - There's only ever the one window though. (kind of like a flicker but it looks like the window scaling animation - maybe it's a minimize/maximize action?) 

skywise

Re: B5: backup history/diff appears to do a "double open"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:15:31 PM »
Addendum - I'm seeting this with Find Symbol too - After right clicking on the Symbols tool window and then typing in the symbol to find - if there are multiple matches I'll get the Select Symbol window and that window appears to open twice too.

I'm not running any window managers on this PC (just Aero)

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:37:25 PM »
Reproduced. Thanks for the report.

++rodney

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:15:38 PM »
Not a new issue, but more noticeable since you see that flicker when (I guess) the parent of the modal Find Tag dialog is hidden. Probably the dialog's parent is automatically adjusted and that is where you see the flicker of a hide/show.

I made a change so that the auto-hide window is not automatically lowered when it is an ancestor of the active modal dialog. In the next build.

++rodney

skywise

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
Not a new issue, but more noticeable since you see that flicker when (I guess) the parent of the modal Find Tag dialog is hidden. Probably the dialog's parent is automatically adjusted and that is where you see the flicker of a hide/show.

I made a change so that the auto-hide window is not automatically lowered when it is an ancestor of the active modal dialog. In the next build.

++rodney

Thanks for fixing the auto-hide - that one's been there for awhile, just annoying.

re: the flicker - was it very noticeable to you on your system?  I honestly don't recall seeing it before and I do that particular use case quite a bit.  Maybe it's a bit of a race condition where the windows UI was ignoring the draw or not starting it after a certain point?  Anyway, thanks!

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 03:51:33 PM »
Noticeable on Windows for me. When you hide a window that is "blocked" because it is the parent of a modal dialog, then Qt has to "unblock" it. The visual effect, at least on Windows, is what you see as a result. There may be more to it than that, but a brief dig through the Qt source has me satisfied that that is the cause.