Author Topic: SlickEdit Core 4.3.2 for Kepler: Release Candidate now available  (Read 17709 times)

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
SlickEdit Core 4.3.2 for Kepler: Release Candidate now available
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
SlickEdit Core for Eclipse 4.3.2 Release Candidate is now available for both Windows and Linux, both 32 and 64 bit platforms.
Use the following URL for your software update site: https://customer.slickedit.com/update/secore/kepler.   This release supports Eclipse 4.3-4.4.

If you have previous SlickEdit Core 4.3.0/4.3.1 Beta, please uninstall before downloading.  Help > About Eclipse, and use Installation Details, select SlickEdit Core for Eclipse 4.3.0 and use Uninstall....

Stew

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: SlickEdit Core 4.3.2 for Kepler: Release Candidate now available
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »
The Program Improvement Program dialog is preventing Eclipse Luna from starting.  No matter which button I click the dialog is not dismissed.  I am unable to start Eclipse at all!  Is there any way to disable this dialog?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 05:12:03 PM »
What platform is this?

wsappington

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »
The "Eclipse Luna" might offer a clue.  IIRC, the betas were not targeted to run on Luna, only Juno and Kepler, and someone who tried to run it on Luna said it didn't work at all.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »
Kepler and Luna are supported in this release.  I have not been able to reproduce this issue yet in either version of Eclipse, but could be a new unreported issue.  Will need more information to help solve the issue.

Stew

• Junior Community Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
The platform is Windows x64.  I worked around the issue by opening another workspace and the PIP was not displayed.  I then uninstalled 4.3.1 and installed 4.3.2.  When switching back to the original workspace the PIP was displayed.  This time the dialog worked correctly.

Mightymuke

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 12:57:33 AM »
One of my users had this issue in Eclipse Kepler, so its not isolated to Luna. I deleted his configuration and started him from scratch again. The procedure now is for all my users to turn this feature off as soon as they install the plugin.