Author Topic: B6: Search in options: Blank options, Bold, and Scroll  (Read 2357 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
B6: Search in options: Blank options, Bold, and Scroll
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »
Open options.
Search for "cursor".
In the treeview collapse "Languages".
Select "Search Results".
Sort by either Option or Path.

#1: There are 10 results where the "Option" column is blank, though the path is non-blank.
What does this mean?

Under appearance->General->Cursor style, the options are "", "Use block cursor" and "Use vertical cursor".

#2: Given the search above.
Notice that "Colors", "Symbol Coloring", "Cursor movement" and "Selections" are bolded.
Yet, Appearance->General is not, nor Editing->Editor Windows - even though in "Search Results" these show up as matches for "cursor".

#3: No matter how wide I make the options window, the horizontal scrollbar will always allow scrolling a little bit horizontally. Dragging the "Path" column a bit to the left fixes this, but this isn't in proportion to how much wider I made the window without it fixing the scrollbar. Something wierd here.

#4: Great case of the alloying Jump To The Left horizontal scrolling bug in SLick for the last couple of versions. Make the Options as wide or narrow as you like, as long as there is a horizontal scrollbar.
Select any line in "Search Results", clicking on the "Path" part of the line.
Wait a second, and then the list gets scrolled to the left, partially obscuring the "Option" column even though all of the text in "Path" was visible to being with.

This is most annoying in other places, like search results.

Is there a way to fix this, or an option to turn it off, or something?

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: B6: Search in options: Blank options, Bold, and Scroll
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »
#1:  That is not ideal.  I'm going to see if I can make this better.

#2:  This and the above issue has to do with whether we are returning the whole page as a search result or just a property therein.  The un-bolded pages are property sheets, where we can search individual properties.  The bold ones are pages, where we know the search term appears in there somewhere, but can't be any more specific than that.  Perhaps it would be better to only use bold when the search term appears in the caption of the page itself.

#3:  This is probably something weird in the resize code.  I'll take a look.

#4:  That is annoying.  I'll send that along to our tree guru.