Author Topic: B6: open tool window divider drawn incorrectly  (Read 3373 times)

tim_k

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
  • -Tim
B6: open tool window divider drawn incorrectly
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:29:34 PM »
Linux Repro: quit Slickedit. Open Slickedit, click the tab for the hidden "open" tool window. The divider resize handle between the files pane and folders pane is drawn partway up the file list pane. It is operational. If you mouse over it the mouse changes to the double arrow for resizing, and as soon as you click on it and move the mouse the split between panes jumps to the location of the mouse. After that it stays put after opening/closing the "open" tool window. Once you quit/relaunch Slickedit it's back to the wrong location.

Mac repro: different behavior. The handle between the two panes is not operational at all (or sometimes on the horizontal scroll bar), and is not drawn. If you resize the tool window horizontally, the divider handle is then drawn and works as normal. It is not as reliably broken as the Linux version, but 90% + of the time it fails.

Also, while figuring out the repro recipe, I discovered that on the Mac version if you try to quit with "command-Q" it enters a blank character in the File Name field and doesn't quit. It quits normally if the Open tool window is hidden.

-Tim

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: B6: open tool window divider drawn incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »
Reproduced. Thanks.

++rodney

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
While you are looking at this divider, I found that in Windows if I run a python debugging session and it completes, that when we go back to the normal view, this divider in the Open window is moved over much to hide the files.

If you do it on a monitor with low resolution - such as my laptop (1366x768) it is more pronounced.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Fixed for the next build.

tim_k

• -Tim
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
Excellent.

-Tim

tim_k

• -Tim
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
RC1 seems to have fixed it. But the problem with Command-Q on the Mac is still there.

-Tim
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:43:58 PM by tim_k »