Author Topic: Directory changed if "File Open" windows loses focus  (Read 1262 times)

JeffB

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
Directory changed if "File Open" windows loses focus
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:03 pm »
This is on Linux with "focus follows mouse".  Ctrl-O to open the "Open File" windows; change directories and select something different (but don't close the window); move mouse to another window, which causes the "Open File" window to lose focus; the selected file/directory reverts back to what was selected when the window first opened.

JeffB

Re: Directory changed if "File Open" windows loses focus
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:12 pm »
Actually, it looks like losing focus causes the one of the directory contents to be displayed, or some combination...I can't tell.  Some list of files, with no directories.   Also, at this point the ".." (to go up) in the file listing column stops working.  Use the directory listing in the right (or bottom, I guess, depending on the window size/layout) to "reset" the file list.  Double clicking on a folder in the file list seems to always bring up the same set of "random" files, an d the ".." stops working.  Seems like the open dialog is hosed.

JeffB

Re: Directory changed if "File Open" windows loses focus
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »
Does anyone else see this issue.  The weirdness of the content I noted in my second post seems to be gone now after closing and re-starting; however, when the open dialog loses focus, the directory/file listing jumps back to directory shown when I first opened the dialog.