Author Topic: preview window update is erratic  (Read 2193 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
preview window update is erratic
« on: October 11, 2014, 10:21:29 AM »
With a floating toolwindow shared by preview, message list, references, build output  - drag the preview one out to a separate floating window and you get a new floating window that preview has all to itself  -  but the original toolwindow also still has a preview toolwindow, the title bar of which now says "slickedit" instead of preview and when I click in the defs window, both preview windows go blank.

Hmm, could be something screwed up in my system.  What I actually came here to report was that if you have preview set to update from defs and search results, when you click in defs the preview window shows it but if you hold the mouse cursor over some other function in defs, the preview window sometimes shows that function and sometimes not. 

Could be something wrong with my setup but when I test with a brand new empty config file, the preview window isn't working properly at all.  Set preview to activate from defs, search results, references and bookmarks.   Float the preview window into a window all by itself and click in defs and the preview window stays or goes blank.  I have only one defs window and it's floating  - so maybe the preview window hasn't figured out that it's supposed to tracking the defs window.  It tracks the main mdi edit window ok but not defs, search results, references or bookmarks.  Doesn't seem to make any difference which windows are floating or docked, preview doesn't work.

Is the preview window supposed to update when you just hover the mouse cursor somewhere? ... later, I've discovered def_tag_hover_preview in the help and it's set to zero.   Since the preview window doesn't update I can't test if hovering works.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: preview window update is erratic
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »
I have reproduced the problem with the preview window not updating, and put in a fix for that for the next build.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:12:37 PM by Dennis »