Author Topic: B5: Project Properties / Add Tree: problems  (Read 2634 times)

Ed Barnard

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
B5: Project Properties / Add Tree: problems
« on: September 17, 2014, 07:49:06 PM »
1. I let SlickEdit upgrade from the latest release version (Mac Mavericks) to Beta5 and opened the same workspace/project. With Project Properties -> Add Tree... I added files and saved, but it was unable to write to the project file.

2. I created a new workspace and added files with the above Add Tree... . I was then able to save the project file.

3. In both of the above cases, the "Exclude filespecs" are being ignored, or at least partially ignored. My file list jumped from ~5000 files to ~8500 files. This is because certain folders which I have in the Exclude list are now part of the populated file list. I think it's selectively ignoring the Exclude list. That is, I don't see .svn/ contents or tmp/ contents as part of the resulting list (they are in my exclude list) but I do see contents of vendor/; vendors; Plugin/. My exclude list is:

cache/; .hg/; .settings/; .DS_Store; assets/; archive/; reports/; sftp/; run-tests-tmp/; doc/; .git/; .gitignore; phpdoc/; coverage/; vendor/; vendors/; .svn/; tmp/; Plugin/;   

Clark

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: B5: Project Properties / Add Tree: problems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:48:35 PM »
No idea what's going on with 1.

For 3. Is this a wildcard project (i.e is "Add as wildcard" checked"). Your exclude list looks fine. There's no limit on the number of excludes that I'm aware of. What happens if you remove all excludes except the vendor/ and vendors/? Please try. Thanks

Ed Barnard

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:22:03 AM »
Clark, wildcard is NOT checked. I'll try the other combinations for you and let you know.

Clark

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 02:05:13 AM »
I didn't think it was but I just needed to reduce the possibilities. Thanks.

ben_bennett

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 04:13:13 AM »
Having the same problem, very frustrating. On linux with B6 release.