Author Topic: B6, Windows: Doxygen commenting not working right  (Read 2628 times)

jorick

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
B6, Windows: Doxygen commenting not working right
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »
Doxygen comments in the form //! don't seem to work correctly.  When typing the comment with word wrap enabled, wrapping to the next line not only fails to put the ! at the beginning of the line, it also fails to place a space after it, as shown:

//! I'm typing a Doxygen comment and the word wrap
//feature does this.

If an attempt is made to add the ! and space manually, SE will add the ! to the end of the previous line (if there's room), as shown:

//! I'm typing a Doxygen comment and the word wrap !
//feature does this.

In order to get around this, the comment must be typed in its entirety and then the !s must be added using column insert mode.  After that, the comment may be edited and SE works correctly moving the words around between lines and leaving the !s in the proper places.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: B6, Windows: Doxygen commenting not working right
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:42:59 PM »
So far I can't reproduce this from a clean config.  Does this happen for you all of the time, or only sometimes, or only in certain files?

If it's some combination of comment wrap settings I haven't tried, it might help if you could post the the "vusrdata.e" file from your config directory.  (or "vunxdata.e" if you're on linux).

jorick

• Hero Points: 17
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
This happens pretty much all the time if the C file doesn't have so many errors that parsing comments fails.

I've attached the vusrdata.e file.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:05:39 PM »
I can reproduce it pretty reliably with your configuration file, thanks.   Taking a look...

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »
Fixed for the next drop.  Thanks for the report.