Author Topic: B6: New window doesn't have maximize/minimize buttons (Ubuntu)  (Read 3789 times)

astromme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
B6: New window doesn't have maximize/minimize buttons (Ubuntu)
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:15:12 PM »
I start with 1 window.  I split the window to show 2 buffers.  I drag one buffer to my other monitor and... 

On B6 under Ubuntu I get the following behavior:
...it opens a new window back on the first monitor that doesn't have the minimize/maximize buttons.  I can drag this window to the other monitor and manually resize it.

If I try the same with 18.0.1.2 on Ubuntu, 18.0.1.2 on Windows, or B6 on Windows it works as follows:
...it opens a new window where I release the mouse that has minimize/maximize buttons.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: B6: New window doesn't have maximize/minimize buttons (Ubuntu)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »
We have seen Window managers that choose which monitor to "snap" a window to based on which monitor contains most of the window being dragged. I can only guess that is what is happening to you.

From your previous posts it looks like you are running Ubuntu 10.04. I don't have that handy to test, but I can make a guess as to why you do not see Min/Max buttons. In order to support Unity (specifically the unified menu) we have to get the window style just right for floating windows. This is probably why you are not seeing Min/Max. Just so you know, we cannot include a Minimize button on floating windows right now (even for Ubuntu >=11). We may be able to do something dynamic with window styles based on the current window manager. Not sure yet. It's on my list.

++rodney

astromme

• Hero Points: 1
Re: B6: New window doesn't have maximize/minimize buttons (Ubuntu)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »
I fully drag the window to the other monitor and it still "snaps" back to the original monitor under B6 Ubuntu, but not under 18.0.1.2 or at all in Windows.

Ok - just wanted to make the point that the window open position and the maximize/minimize buttons worked fine in 18.0.1.2 on the same old Ubuntu - if something changed for the new version, understood.  I'm assuming the old version didn't create a floating window when dragging a buffer out?

Thanks for the response.