Author Topic: gui-Goto goes to the wrong place with long lines  (Read 952 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 154
  • Text
gui-Goto goes to the wrong place with long lines
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:42:37 pm »
I've got a really big (40mb) XML file.
There are some Base64 binary blobs in the xml, some of them are around 16-30KB.

By default, Slick wraps these around 4000 characters -- so some of these "lines" appear as several lines in Slick.

For a given blob that shows up as about 5 lines in Slick, it is on line 70.
In the status-bar, Slick shows line 70 no matter which of these lines the cursor is in.
It shows 71 when the cursor moves past this.

When I use GUI-Goto, to go to line 71, it moves the cursor to the 2nd line of the blob -- the virtual line 71.

Basically, the status bar appears to show the real line numbers, while gui-goto shows and interprets the line numbers as virtual (taking into account the splitting that slick has done).

Clark

• Hero Points: 341
Re: gui-Goto goes to the wrong place with long lines
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 02:39:22 am »
I can't seem to reproduce this. I tried a small sample file and a large one but no luck. It's possible it needs a case way more special.

Please post a sample file. Smaller is better. You can use a regular expression to replace a bunch of characters with the same letter (like [a-zA-Z0-9] etc.) so you aren't posting a confidential file.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 154
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 09:33:29 pm »
I've uploaded the file to your support site.
Open it and try goto 89, or 71.
(Wrap Line Length = 4000)

Clark

• Hero Points: 341
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 11:55:13 pm »
Still no luck. You have a minor error with your sample. line 89 is actually line 90. I can go to line 71 or line 90 without a problem.

Maybe there's some option you've changed that makes the difference. Try a default config (vs c:\tempconfig) just to see if that is the difference. Thanks