Author Topic: RC1 floating editor  (Read 2597 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
RC1 floating editor
« on: October 29, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »
Open Slick.
Make the "Build" toolbar be docked on the bottom of the main window.

Create floating editor window.

Invoke a build command (Alt-B, B)
Slick opens a new floating Build tool window showing the same stuff (the build in progress) as the docked build window.

I don't want another build window, I've already got one.
I certainly don't want a floating build window in this case.

Clark

• Hero Points: 526
Re: RC1 floating editor
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 12:05:48 AM »
I can't reproduce this.

I did notice that when I did Alt+B B in the floating window the cursor was not placed at the end of the Build window of the main mdi window. I didn't get another instance of the build window suddenly appearing on my floating window.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:14:15 AM »
This happens when the floater has focus since, on Windows at least, we are able to manage activating the main menu without switching focus. The Build window is probably one of a handful of tool-windows that does not require an editor/file for context. Still thinking about this case and which others there are.

++rodney

Clark

• Hero Points: 526
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 12:20:11 AM »
I actually did reproduce the problem but my new build tool window was behind my floating window so I never saw it.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »
The next drop will address this specific case. There are other tool-windows that will probably need this treatment (Output for example).

The problem where floating tool-windows would fall behind the main window and other floating window groups has also been fixed. You will no longer have, for example, a Preview window pop up then fall behind when selecting an item in Defs (with the Activate Preview option turned on of course).

Edit: Oh and it works on Windows, Mac, and Linux without any special gyrations! (Although I have no doubt there is a Linux Window manager out there that won't work.)

++rodney
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:45:25 AM by Rodney »