Author Topic: Why can't the auto-generated slickc.vtg be managed in the Tag Files dialog?  (Read 3847 times)

mjdl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 18
  • SE Pro 2023 v28.0.1.0 64-bit Qt5 Win 11 23H2
(Windows 8.1 x64, SE RC3 x64, fresh config via vs.exe -sc <some temporary folder>)
The auto-generated slickc.vtg (when you first edit a macro file and search for a definition or references) can't be deleted via the button or context menu, since those are greyed out. Selecting file(s) referenced in the file list of tagged files and using the not-greyed-out "Remove file(s)" puts up the "Do you want...(etc.)" dialog, but no deletion is carried out.

So the paths for SE Beta6 were still present when I jumped to definitions/references in RC3--naturally that did not work as expected.

UPDATE: manually deleting slickc.vtg leads to the tag file still mentioned in the Tag Files dialog (and undeletable), but the file list is now empty: searching for definitions/references auto-fills it with the correct macro files paths.

What's wrong here?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:05:46 PM by mjdl »

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
Migrating from a beta to a newer installation in a different directory is a special case we don't handle.

Sounds like you tried everything except for punching "Rebuild tag file..." on the Tag Files dialog.  That will rebuild it from scratch using the correct files from the current installation.

mjdl

• Hero Points: 18
  • SE Pro 2023 v28.0.1.0 64-bit Qt5 Win 11 23H2
Sounds like you tried everything except for punching "Rebuild tag file..." on the Tag Files dialog.  That will rebuild it from scratch using the correct files from the current installation.
I thought rebuilding tag files always used the same source files displayed in the Tag Files dialog--that just shows that I should never make assumptions! Thanks.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
Automatically generated language-specific tag files (and compiler tag files) are an exception to that rule.