Is anyone else having issues with tool windows showing up at various places at startup? I even wiped out my v19 slickedit directory and let it create a new one. VS seems intent on forcing tool windows I've closed to be docked somewhere. If I close all windows except editor windows, it really jacked up the layout. Every tool window was docked at the top, on top of the editor windows, but only using about 5% of the window. The rest of the window is the Project tool window (I think) that has taken over the rest of the window. This is totally unusable. Everytime I restart, I get some tool windows issue. I just restarted and now the 95% is the File Open...I can't even see the other windows.
I'm attaching a screenshot. Here's the sequence that got me here:
- Remove v19 slickedit directory so the v18 will be copied to v19
- I have Files Tool Window on the left. VS forced the normal tool windows there instead (project, symbols...). Close all those tool windows and restart VS
- Now VS forces all the tool windows to be docked in the lower horizontal toolbar where references, messages, and build tool windows usually are. I close all those windows so I'm left with only 2 editor windows. Restart VS.
- Add References to bottom horizontal position. Restart VS.
- Now File open window takes over pretty much the whole screen
Linux, Kubuntu 14.10.