Author Topic: FIX:Docking group of tool-windows on left/top takes up entire application window  (Read 4459 times)

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 54
I don't remember who posted this, but it is fixed for the next drop. The mysterious "flashing" window is fixed too.

++rodney

Tim Kemp

• Hero Points: 92
I've been noticing a "pinning" problem all over. It appears when a new window opens. The state of the docking group should be unpinned, but it shows up pinned. I've seen it when I open SlickEdit, when I open the debugger and when I drag a file tab out to create a new window. The only case where it's consistent is when dragging the file tab.

Is this the same thing?

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
No, and I'm not even sure what you're describing.

++rodney

Tim Kemp

I start with something like this:

I click and drag o.txt outside the window to create a new window and end up with this:

It's not the end of the world. I can easily unpin the docked tools and go on my way, but it happens every time I do this. It also happens sometimes when I first open SlickEdit, when I go to debug, or exit from debug. Occasionally the bottom docked tools will also decide to pin themselves.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
That sounds like your default floating layout being applied. Right-click on a floating document tab, go to Layouts and create one that has the windows unpinned. Make sure you set it as Default.

++rodney

Tim Kemp

That looks like it was the problem. Is there any way to include the window size in the layout? My main SlickEdit window is full screen and when I drag a tab the new window is nearly the same size. Unfortunately all my screens aren't that big which means I immediately have to resize.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
I'll put it on my list.

jimlangrunner

• Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
I don't know if this is related or not, but it came about because of me trying the floating windows & fix in this thread.

I created "MyStandard" layout for my floating window.  given that I just love Find & Replace and Regex Evaluator, I always have them docked & minimized on the right margin of my main window.  I wanted them on the floater, so I added them. But I could only get F&R by floating it from the main window & docking on the right side of the floater.  So I did, and had F&R and RegEx rolled up on the right with the "standard" collapsed windows on the left.  When I saved & tested, I got the attached layouts.  (And I can't figure out how to insert the images inline.  Here's hoping)

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
Find and Replace does not support duplicates, so you can only have 1 instance.

++rodney

Tim Kemp

Jim,

For inline images, I've been using http://imgur.com/. It's pretty straightforward and doesn't require any sort of login.