Author Topic: RC3: Mac, Command-V doesn't paste in edit controls  (Read 11629 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
RC3: Mac, Command-V doesn't paste in edit controls
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:16:33 PM »
In Slick dialogs with edit controls, Command-C,X,V doesn't map to copy, cut, paste as it ought to.
Instead, it opens the slick main menu (like you would expect Alt-S to do), except instead of placing the popup menu in the upper left of Slick, it opens it relative to the dialog.

In the main edit window it works as expected.

In the file-open dialog, I can't paste with Ctrl+V or Command+V in either the filename field nor the search box.

Clark

• Hero Points: 526
Re: RC3: Mac, Command-V doesn't paste in edit controls
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
At the moment, these keys are effected by your emulation. Eventually, we should fix this.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »
How so?
My emulation apparently includes these - as they are the normal Mac way of doing things.

Also, I've noticed that some of the shortcuts you can set in the "keyboard" control panel override the Slick mapping, and some don't.

In particular Ctrl+F2 is set to put keyboard focus to the menus, but if mapped in Slick edit, it doesn't. (When I remove the mapping, it works).
Other shortcuts, like Ctrl+UpArrow will activate mission control even when Slick has a mapping.

I assume that this is a result of the way the OS routes this messages and Slick can't really control it.

Clark

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:30:34 PM »
Some keys are taken over by the OS and SlickEdit never sees them. There is some undocumented way to get access to these keys but we haven't figured it out.

In the case of Command+X/C/V, SlickEdit sees these keys and doesn't do what you want.

Clark

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
Command+X/V/C has been fixed so that it doesn't depend on the emulation (although turning on the "Use Command+key for dialog hotkeys" option breaks it). The fix will either be in the first set of hot fixes or the first minor update.