Author Topic: RC3: Tool windows messed up  (Read 6345 times)

asandler

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
RC3: Tool windows messed up
« on: November 05, 2014, 03:56:48 PM »
One picture worth a thousand words. I upgraded from v18 and now I see that. Moreover, for some reason I cannot get rid of all these windows. If I go to View menu -> Tool windows, all tool windows are unchecked. Checking Search tool window doesn't do anything.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: RC3: Tool windows messed up
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:00:52 PM »
Edit: Oh and once you have a reproducable case you can send me, you can reset your layout from Window>Reset Window Layout.

Hmm this was supposed to be fixed in RC3. Are you sure this wasn't left over from a previous config? Did you delete your config-dir/19.0.0 folder and let it migrate from your 18.0.x folder? I would like to reproduce this, so if you can get it to the state just before it happens, then send me the offending (maybe v18) vrestore.slk that would help.

++rodney

asandler

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
:-( I just deleted configuration that I had and started all over. Starting all over does solve the problem though.

asandler

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »
I'll try to reproduce it later today.
I am certain that I did not have configuration from previous betas/rcs. I was upgrading from v18.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
Edit: Just saw your other reply. Please send me your vrestore.slk from v18 that reproduces this when you can. Thanks!

I need to be sure this is nailed down. Did you have an already messed up layout from a previous RC1/RC2 that we were restoring? If that is the case, then I'm not worried (not happy that it happened to be sure though).

++rodney

asandler

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 04:08:27 PM »
I didn't have rc1/rc2 configuration on this computer. I upgraded directly from v18.
Also, this is the first time I see this problem.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 04:11:39 PM »
Was there a workspace involved? We store layout per workspace now too (in .vpwhist file). Did you see the problem on startup without a workspace open, or only when you opened the workspace? Had this workspace been opened by a previous beta? Thanks for your answers.

asandler

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »
Oh, that makes sense. I do have workspace and SE opens workspace when it starts. I actually have no idea when I created this workspace. It might have been from previous betas. I still have it.

asandler

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
I PMed you the contents.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »
Got it. Trying to reproduce the problem with it, but no luck yet. The contents you sent me are definitely from a previous beta (not sure which), so I think that is the root of the problem. If I had it to do over again, I would have changed the layout version number and forced a reset on all beta testers to prevent possible false positives. If you can reproduce otherwise I would of course like to know and, if so, please use http://support.slickedit.com to upload the offending files (before v19 has at them). I would need: vrestore.slk, and the .vpwhist (.vpwhistu on Mac/UNIX). I will continue testing for this on my end.

++rodney

asandler

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 01:45:14 AM »
Sorry, but I couldn't reproduce it. Conveniently my computer's motherboard fried, so I have nowhere to reproduce it.