Author Topic: php (phpscript) and Javadoc  (Read 3229 times)

Siegfried

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
php (phpscript) and Javadoc
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:10:43 pm »
Hello,

how can I enable Javadoc functionality in a php or phpscript environment. I am just writing lots of code with SlickEdit in php and use the cakePHP framework. The framework has lots of documentation in it, which looks like Javadoc. Maybe not exactly, but I guess, it would be helpful to have the Javadoc editor for php also.

Thanks
Siegfried

marlag

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: php (phpscript) and Javadoc
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:11:48 am »
I have the same problem - it seems that slick is not used by PHP developers too much.

You can set variable in macros\codehelp.e to true (in int get_comment_delims() function and php case):
supportJavadoc=true;

You can now open JavaDoc window but there is only comment section available - no parameters and return helpers ;(

MartyL

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
  • Synergex Software Engineer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 04:24:10 pm »
There is much better PHP support in SlickEdit 2008. If you have access to the beta, you should give it a try there and see if it better fits your needs.

marlag

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:45:30 am »
There is much better PHP support in SlickEdit 2008. If you have access to the beta, you should give it a try there and see if it better fits your needs.

Now, I have got trial version of 2008 and I cannot find any "in plus" changes against 2007 version:
 - JavaDoc still not possible for PHP files
 - static methods not recognized - ClassName:: doesn't autocomplete name
 - $this->request = new Request(); $this->request-> doesn't recognize tag - ALT+. says "No symbols found mathing request"

Nothing is better :(

ml.