Author Topic: context tagging bug in 20.0.3.0  (Read 1131 times)

ealbers

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 44
  • Hero Points: -6
context tagging bug in 20.0.3.0
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:42:08 pm »
Hello, the auto-complete/context tagging in 20.0.3.0 (I did hotfix), is broken, please see this video link to see the bug
http://www.ericalbers.com/videos/slickeditbug.mp4

Dennis

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2564
  • Hero Points: 383
Re: context tagging bug in 20.0.3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »
Thanks for the report.

It looks like class EvaluatedSolution is in a namespace (MIRARCO), but I do not see a "using namespace MIRARCO;" in the module you are working in.  This would lead me to believe that you are using side-effecting using statements in the header file, or within class DBObserver or one of it's ancestors.  This is probably why SlickEdit is having trouble tracking down the correct class definition.

You can further debug this by putting the cursor after "schedule->" and then running the following command (twice) from the SlickEdit command line:  "codehelp-trace-list-symbols".  The debug output will pop up in the SlickEdit debug window.  Use Ctrl+X to cut and copy the output and I'll look it over next week.  Also, there will be a message in the message bar that may be useful for debugging why SlickEdit was not able to locate the class members in this case.

ealbers

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 44
  • Hero Points: -6
Re: context tagging bug in 20.0.3.0
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 05:02:48 pm »
Ok, I executed the command twice, interestingly after executing it once, a subwindow poped up at the cursor with the member variables!  It's still doing the bad behavior...I did add a using namespace MIRARCO, that has not helped...attached text file with output as its too long to paste


Dennis

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2564
  • Hero Points: 383
Re: context tagging bug in 20.0.3.0
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:25:23 pm »
There will be a fix for this problem in the next build of the beta for version 21.  I am adding some fallback code to work around the case where we can not find a symbol in a namespace.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:29:23 pm by Dennis »