Author Topic: Open file - files are duplicated  (Read 2489 times)

cillybole

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Open file - files are duplicated
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:38:35 AM »
Hi all,

I use emacs emulation, I hit CTRL-X, CTRL-F then ? which pops up my list of files to open. I usually like to have in this list just the files in the 'current' directory. I've mucked with the configuration settings for this list quite a bit and the best I can get are the files listed in my current directory but also those same files listed with their absolute path prepended. So, if I have foo.cpp in my current directory, I'll see:

..\
.\
foo.cpp
f:\swdev\wwt\kitkat\src\libs\kkdif\foo.cpp

Which both end up pointing to the same file. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

~billy

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 530
Re: Open file - files are duplicated
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 10:40:37 PM »
Turn off "Smart open" for the "e/edit command" (Tools>Options>File Options>Open). Set to "Smart Open off".

cillybole

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 11:36:33 PM »
I have had that turned off. If I have that turned on, it's way worse as you probably know. I seem to remember this working correctly for me in previous versions - I wonder if this is an issue since upgrading to v19. Ok, just went back and tried v18 and it works properly there. So, now the next thing I'm wondering about is if I perform a fresh-install of v19 and so there is no configuration copy, will it work. I'll try that out. Thanks.

~billy

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 530
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:32:47 PM »
I'm able to turn this off. I noticed that 19.0.1 has slightly different options than 19.0.0. Maybe you should try that. My original test was on 19.0.0 though. You'll have to turn off 3 options in 19.0.1 (all the "e/edit command Smart Option..." stuff).

cillybole

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:18:51 AM »
Hey Clark, thanks for looking in to this for me. I've updated to 19.0.1 and the problem goes away. Like you said, I turned off all 3 of those options.  So, it seems as though it was only in 19.0.0 that I experienced it. So.. cool! Thanks :)

~billy