Author Topic: Set multiple cursors from the keyboard (no mouse)  (Read 1205 times)

warnerrs

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
Set multiple cursors from the keyboard (no mouse)
« on: December 22, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »
Is it possible to set multiple cursors using a keyboard shortcut? Nothing is mapped by default to do this, and I haven't found a suitable command to bind to. I'd like a keyboard equivalent to control-click.

-Ryan

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 349
Re: Set multiple cursors from the keyboard (no mouse)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 03:51:13 am »
The convert_to_multiple_cursors command will convert a selection into multiple cursors/selections. Try creating a column/block selection and then run this command.

There's no other way to add cursors without using the mouse.

warnerrs

• Hero Points: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 06:15:01 am »
Bummer, that command doesn't behave the way I want.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 367
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 04:43:31 pm »
Ryan,

I'm attaching an experimental hot fix which adds the command "add_multiple_cursors()".  It's not perfect by any means, but it does allow you to create a set of cursors without using the mouse, or creating a selection.   It works pretty much exactly the way one would want things to work (add cursor, move, add another cursor, move, etc), except that the way it looks on the screen can be a bit confusing in intermediate stages because all the cursors trace your intermediate moves.  Kind of hard to describe, but you'll see.

It will also set cursors based on a selection.  You can't add additional cursors after you modify the buffer.

I bound it to Ctrl+Shift+= (Ctrl Plus)

I would like some feedback on this to see if it is worth including in the next release or not.