Author Topic: x64 2014: editing formatting profile pushes the sample code into bookmarks  (Read 2387 times)

TKasparek

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
I've changed jobs recently and I've been making a lot of changes to a new formatting profile. After making some edits, I exit back to my code to try them out and pop my way out a few functions. Many times now I've popped into a sample code file that was used to show the formatting changes. I'm using a custom format profile for C/C++.

Also, I can't seem to find any relevant information on how to use the "Symbol Uses/Calling Tree" feature.

Regards,
Tom

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 119
Re: x64 2014: editing formatting profile pushes the sample code into bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 03:45:31 pm »
That's an odd one.  I haven't gotten it to happen yet.  While we don't do any push-refs in the formatting dialog, there is some code for saving and restoring some parts of the bookmark state, so maybe something is going wrong there.

I'll take a closer look a bit later today.  Thanks for the report.

TKasparek

• Hero Points: 27
Going to bring this up again as it's consistent for me still with latest version.
  • Edit a formatting profile, make a change to something that changes the format in the sample window. For instance, toggle Indent->Indent Rule Exceptions->'case' statements:Indent - On then Off
  • OK twice getting back to main window
  • Pop a bookmark. You get shown the sample formatting as an unsaved file called Untitled <155> - Number seems to change

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 184
  • Text
I reproed this easily.

Tools -> Beautify -> Edit current profile.

Extra weird though: The Untitled buffer isn't a normal one.
It disappears when you open the "files" dialog.

Also, the extra bookmark doesn't appear in the bookmark stack.

I've also seen a variation of this, though I don't have a repro: A "Search results" will sometimes show up in the bookmark stack as I pop bookmarks.
Happens once in awhile, I don't have repro steps.
I very rarely use "Output to editor window" - so I don't think that is involved.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
Yes, back when I put in changes to try to guard against this, I could never reproduce it, so I put in some guards that apparently didn't work, or weren't the location of the problem.

On a hunch, I imported one of  jporkkahtc's configurations, and I can reproduce it easily with that configuration, so it shouldn't take me too long to find the problem.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 184
  • Text
Found it:
Tools > Options > Editing > Bookmarks : Top/Bottom buffer pushes bookmark.

When this is enabled Slick will push bookmarks for the buffers in Beautifier and Search Results, Preview, Output, RegEx, Calculator, others ??

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
This is fixed in the next beta drop. 

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 427
Re: x64 2014: editing formatting profile pushes the sample code into bookmarks
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 07:24:33 pm »
Looks like the Top/Bottom buffer pushes bookmark feature wasn't done right in the beginning. If this continues to be problematic, this feature will have to be pulled.