Author Topic: bug? slicked window refuses to resize  (Read 1210 times)

SimonHF

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
bug? slicked window refuses to resize
« on: February 05, 2015, 05:19:14 pm »
I'm running SlickEdit 2013 (v18.0.3.3) on a MacBook Pro and often switch between different external monitor layouts. The resolutions of the monitors vary a lot and often I find myself resizing apps including SlickEdit. Problem is that very often SlickEdit will not allow be to resize its window completely! And it's the only app on OS X that behaves this way. Example: I plug in the external monitor. SlickEdit appears on that monitor automatically in the top left hand corner. But the depth is only 2/3rds of the screen. So I drag the bottom of the window down and it drags but stops about half way between its original position and the bottom of the screen! Now in order to go further then I need to move the whole screen down and drag the top bar up! Grrrrr... very annoying :-)

I also have this software called 'moom' which arranges the windows automatically and it has the same problem with the SlickEdit window too :-(

Theory about why this is happening: The monitor where this problem occurs is a very high resolution Dell UP2414Q. But I have it set up by OS X in 'scaled mode 2304 x 1296'. Maybe SlickEdit is somehow confusing the native monitor resolution with the scaled mode resolution, and somehow when I'm dragging down that it thinks the bottom of the screen has been hit?

Whatever, it's annoying behavior and it would be great if a bug fix or workaround could be found. Thanks!

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 328
Re: bug? slicked window refuses to resize
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:40:03 pm »
Do Help > About SlickEdit...  It will report what it thinks the screen size is:

OS Version: 10.10.2
Processor Architecture: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz 64 bit (4 cores)

Memory: 68% Load, 11171MB/16384MB Virtual
Shell Info: /Volumes/Source/19.0.2-dev/slickedit/macos/secsh -i
Screen Size: 3840 x 2160

SimonHF

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 05:44:25 pm »
Okay, thanks. It correctly thinks the screen size is 2560 x 1440. So all good there! Any other theories?

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 328
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:00:11 pm »
Is that value correct though?  You said that you were using 'scaled mode 2304 x 1296'.

I briefly experimented, but I did not have any scaling problems with 18.0.3, and resolutions were being reported correctly by SlickEdit.  I am on Yosemite, with a single 4K display, so that may be the difference.