Author Topic: Does slick collect usage statistics?  (Read 1311 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 184
  • Text
Does slick collect usage statistics?
« on: March 05, 2015, 07:04:34 pm »
It would be great for Slick to collect statistics on which commands / features / options that people use to better inform your future product improvements.
Of course, its tricky to use this data.
How can you tell which features I would like base only on the features I use???
How can you tell that I don't use feature X because I don't know it exists, I don't need it, I found a different way to do the same thing, or I find its implementation inconvenient?

Adding a "Comment" button, similar to the "help" button, to allow direct user feed back on different parts of the UI.

Adding "ThumbsUp/ThumbDown" buttons (ala TiVo) to let users vote on their favorite features.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 438
Re: Does slick collect usage statistics?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:22:50 pm »
Tools > Options... > Application Options > Product Improvement Program

That's not a bad idea to add Thumbs up / Thumbs down to the feature notifications, if enough people used it go generate a statistically significant result.  Unfortunately, the outcome is that thumbs-up are just compliments [which we do appreciate], and a thumbs-down is much more useful with specific examples and reasons why the feature is disliked.

I think general comments are best aired out through the traditional support channels and the forum where an actual discussion can be had.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:32:02 pm by Dennis »

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 425
Re: Does slick collect usage statistics?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:28:47 pm »
In the future, we may put together some sort of voting mechanism. We would select the list of features that get voted on based on forum requests, product improvement info, and some of our own requirements/vision. While we can't have a vote on everything, this would help us better prioritize what work should be done first.