Author Topic: Escape_string (String_paste.e) macro breaks find/replace functionality  (Read 2406 times)

flethuseo

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 177
  • Hero Points: 2
I really like this macro for copying and pasting and having the escape characters put in automatically, but it BREAKS the find and replace dialog. Here's my workflow using CUA emulation.

1. Do CTRL+F and type 'possible' (Find should work correctly).
2. Do CTRL+R and you should see it take you to the replace dialog.
------- Everything should work well up to this point -----------
1. Load the string_paste.e macro
2. Do CTRL+F and type 'possible' (My find dialog loses focus and it jumps around the find options as you type that word).
3. Do CTRL+R and you should see it take you to the find dialog again!
4. Unload macro the string_paste.ex macro
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3.. in my machine problem remains.

I've attached the macro for reference. I got it from this forum.
Ted
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:59:02 pm by flethuseo »

Graeme

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 2447
  • Hero Points: 322
Re: Escape_string (String_paste.e) macro breaks find/replace functionality
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 11:10:56 am »
Hi Ted
I tried to repro this problem but couldn't.  I started with a brand new config folder, ctrl f works fine, load the macro and ctrl f still works fine.  I don't see any conflict with the function names in the macro versus slick functions.  Sounds like your system had some prior problems.  No doubt you've restarted slick by now or rebooted - did the problem go away?  If not, I guess you know the story  - 1. backup your config folder, 2. export all your config settings, then  - either close slick and delete vslick.sta then restart  - or, start a new config folder and import all your options; or selectively import your config; or re-install.  I try to export my config every so often so I can go back to an older one if something goes wrong.



flethuseo

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 177
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: Escape_string (String_paste.e) macro breaks find/replace functionality
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 09:31:33 pm »
Yes Graeme, I think this was a false alert, I have been fearful of loading this module, but I used some of its code to get the clipboard and set the clipboard and it all seemed to work fine. I'm not exactly sure what actually breaks find/replace functionality. My suspicions are on a Visual Studio C++ project I access sometimes and with my use of more than one slickedit instance using 'vs +new'. But it is an insidious bug, I'm doing my best to keep an eye for what causes it.