Author Topic: problems with block matching color options  (Read 3572 times)

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
problems with block matching color options
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:53:09 AM »
I found a couple of problems with the block matching feature. For demonstration purposes, I set up the foreground color to be green, with an orange background color.

If I put the cursor on a paren where the matching paren is on a different line, the foreground color gets applied to both, but the background color only gets applied to the matching one, not the one where the cursor is.

If I put the cursor on a paren where the matching paren is on the same line, the foreground color gets applied to both, but the background color does not get applied to either of them.

Is this a bug, or do I not have things set up correctly?

SlickEdit 2014 (v19.0.1.1 64-bit)
Hotfixes:
C:\Users\David\OneDrive for Business\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\19.0.1\hotfixes\hotfix_se1901_2_cumulative.zip (Revision: 2)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:02:20 AM by davehohl »

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: problems with block matching color options
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »
The current line background color is overriding the block matching background color.

davehohl

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
Ah, yes. That would explain it.

But doesn't it seem like the block matching ought to override the current line background color? Otherwise the block matching background is useless for matches on the same line. Even if I select a default white background for the current line the problem still exists.

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »
You would have to turn off the "Current Line" highlighting in the language view options.  Documents > C/C++ Options... > View > Current Line

davehohl

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »
Thanks, Dennis. I tried that and it works. Although ideally I would like to be able to use both, having the matching background take precedence over the current line background.

JimmieC

• Hero Points: 17
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »
You may want to try highlighting the current line with "draw box only". This way you get both. I don't think that box only would change your matching brace background but I don't know for sure.

davehohl

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:55:46 AM »
@JimmieC -- That is what I am doing. It works fine that way, although I still like having a light background color so it's more obvious. But no biggie. Thanks!

Dennis

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 11:24:57 PM »
I am putting in a fix for the final release of 19.0.2, so that the block matching color does not  inherit the background color from the current line, unless specified to do so.

davehohl

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 11:37:43 PM »
Great! Thanks, Dennis.