Author Topic: Rc2: Java Beautify  (Read 1043 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 179
  • Text
Rc2: Java Beautify
« on: March 24, 2015, 06:14:02 am »

#1: In Java->Newlines->If
when "indent if of else if" is disabled, its on/off settings isn't disabled and can be switched.

#2: WRT braces on the same line or separate lines:
a: It would be great if there way a way to set all of the { }  placements the same in one fell swoop.
Click a button to make all { and } on a seperate line, click another to make them all cuddle up to their related code.

b: Why is "} catch" and "} while" under "newlines", but most of the rest of the {} settings are under "Brace Style"?
Seems like all braces style settings should be under "Brace Style", doesn't it?
This makes it hard to find all of the {} settings.

#3: I have  BraceStyle, DeclarationStyles, MethodBlocks set to "Next line",but the sample code in "NewLines, StatementBlocks" isn't formatted correctly:

void boid()
    {
        while (true)
        {
        }
    }
    int getter() { return something; }
    void noop() {
    }

boid() appears to get formatted according to the method setting, but getter() and noop() do not.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 111
Re: Rc2: Java Beautify
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:39:30 pm »
1) I misread this at first.  Yeah, that's just weird.   We'll take a look at that.

2a) Yes, it's a common enough request where I should do that as a feature in v20.

2b) Hmm, yeah that grouping doesn't make as much sense now.  I think it ended up that way because there because a limitation of the property sheets such that all the settings in a sheet either have to have a Enable/Disable checkbox, or not.  Even without lifting the limitation, it could be grouped better, as you say.

3) Reproduced.  Looks like "newline in empty method body" and the brace style aren't playing nice together in that case.  I'll take a look at it.