Author Topic: RC4 Mac and structure member help  (Read 2552 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
RC4 Mac and structure member help
« on: April 07, 2015, 10:09:38 PM »
I was having my SE 19.0.1 crash all the time so I finally decided to upgrade to v19.0.2.4 (RC4). To help clear things up I wiped out all of my configurations completely and manually reconfigured SE. This was to hopefully prevent crashing due to corrupted config files/etc.

Now when I type out something I'm not getting structure list members help when I type the '.' or '->' in C++ language unless there are zero characters after my current cursor position.

For instance:

struct X {
  int a;
  int b;
}

Then type 'if' and the editor puts the parenthesis for me and my cursor is between them. Then I type 'x.' within the statement and I get no structure help. The ^ in the line below is where my cursor is at. I can't get structure list members help even hitting the command hot key either (i.e. function-argument-help function call).

X x;
if (x.^)

But if I delete from the cursor to the end of the line and retype the '.' then I get help and SE will list my choices for the structure values.

i.e.

if (x.^

The above line will show the structure list members.

I'm thinking there's some setting I missed in my manual reconfig or that this might be a bug. Anybody have any ideas what setting to look at?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: RC4 Mac and structure member help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
We will look into this. For now, Command+Period (list-symbols) should give you a list when in the "if" parens.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:13:30 PM »
Thanks for the report.  This will be fixed in the next release candidate.

rajkej

• Hero Points: 14
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
Thank you for the follow-up. And doh! on the keystrokes. Command-, and Command-. are easy to type wrong. Command-. does work for me as a work-around for now.