Author Topic: RC5 MAC javadoc commenting indent is incorrect  (Read 1476 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 13
RC5 MAC javadoc commenting indent is incorrect
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:56:32 pm »
I'm using RC5 (19.0.2.5) on MAC OS/X 10.10.3. I'm coding in a .h file of C++ format and typed a javadoc comment on a structure type and got the following indenting:

Code: [Select]
                 /**
                  * ^
                  */
    struct FILE_DATA
    {
    };

My indents are set to +4 with spaces. I typed the 'struct FILE_DATA {};' first then typed the /**<return> and got the comment indented to column 18 for some reason. If I use the tab key (keybound to 'ctab') then the indenting is fixed by removing the spaces and indenting to column 4. This did not happen with RC4. The @param issue seems fixed in RC5 at least (RC4 would insert @param on most comments even though there was no parameter on structures/variables/etc.).

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 121
Re: RC5 MAC javadoc commenting indent is incorrect
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:21:26 pm »
Odd.  I can't reproduce it here so far.   I'm curious to see if it's using tabs in your case for some reason.  If you enable View -> Special Chars, and then reproduce the problem so the comment is shifted way to the right,
does the whitespace to the left of the comment look like spaces (periods) or tabs (lines with little crossbars for each tab stop)?

rajkej

• Hero Points: 13
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 05:38:15 pm »
I've been typing these javadoc comments within a class definition similar to the following. The bug does not happen if I type these outside of a class definition, inside a C++ function or other similar places.

Code: [Select]
class A
{
    ^
    struct FILE_DATA
    {
    };
};

Put your cursor at the '^' after getting all of the above typed into the editor. Then type '/**' and the editor will put the trailing '*/'. When you hit return the data is indented badly.

However, I tried a clean .h file and couldn't reproduce the bug there either. So something in my .h file is triggering this issue. I don't mind sending you the .h file but I don't want to post as attachment. If you can help me send the .h file to you directly then I can do so.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 121
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 06:08:30 pm »
I PM'd instructions on how to get the .h file to us.