Author Topic: RC5 Tools execution reporting error message  (Read 2218 times)

dwgriffith

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
RC5 Tools execution reporting error message
« on: April 30, 2015, 06:17:04 PM »
When working with VS2010 C++ and Lint version 9, Lint does not process the *.vcxproj file fully to provide a list of include directories and defines. In version 18 slickedit, I solved this problem by creating a php script to process the *.vcxproj file and send the output to a lint file. The resulting cmd line was long so I created a batch file to handle the process.
In the tolls menu I added a "generate lint project file" cmd with the command line c:\fw_test\tools\vs2010lint_c.bat %rn.

Version 19.xx slickedit does not run this instead if gives the error message "There is no language specific command for C/C++". If the buffer had a txt file in focus the the message would be "There is no language specific command for a text file"

I tried to get rid of the batch file by using the equivalent cmd structure of the tools menu by setting the following. I'm showing the vpj entry for the command
        <Target
                Name="generate VS2010 lint proj "
                MenuCaption="&amp;generate VS2010 lint proj "
                RunFromDir="%rw"
                SaveOption="SaveModified">
                <Exec CmdLine="C:\FW_TEST\tools\php\php.exe C:\FW_TEST\tools\php\vslntscan\vslnt.php %rn.vcxproj >%rn.lnt"/>
        </Target>

I can the the batch file version and run it in the build window and it runs fine. The same with the php evokations with the appropriate argument replacements.

What is causing the failure to be issued?

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
Re: RC5 Tools execution reporting error message
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:25 PM »
The message you are getting is the sort of message you get when you try to run a project command but do not have a project open.  Do you have a project open ?  (check the Project menu.  If "Close workspace" is grayed, you don't have a project open).

dwgriffith

• Hero Points: 1
Re: RC5 Tools execution reporting error message
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 12:14:26 PM »
There is a project active see the screen shot attached