Author Topic: Add files to project not workspace  (Read 2246 times)

dwc309

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Add files to project not workspace
« on: May 03, 2015, 06:25:44 PM »
I created a new workspace then added a project to it.  Now I'd like to add the files to the project in Project->Project Properties in the File tab.  When I add the files, it is successful, but when I look in the tool window files, they show up in the workspace tab and not the project tab.  How can they be added to the project?

I'd like to add a lot of projects to the workspace and would like the project tab to show the files in each project and not have all the project files show up in the workspace.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 515
Re: Add files to project not workspace
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:11:10 PM »
The Workspace tab of the Files tool window shows all the files in *all* the Projects in your workspace.
The Project tab of the Files tool window shows all the files in your current active project.

It sounds like your active project is not the same project that you added the files to, that's why they did not show up in the Files tool window Project tab.

To see all the projects in your workspace, and the source files in each project broken out by category, you might want to look at the Projects tool window.  (View > Tool Windows > Projects).

dwc309

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Add files to project not workspace
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:35:15 PM »
Thank you very much for your help!  Looking at them in the project tool window shows them as you indicated.  But in the files view window, since it has a tab for project, the files should also be shown there.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:38:13 PM by dwc309 »