Author Topic: c/c++ lint support  (Read 2980 times)

lusu2004

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
c/c++ lint support
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:34:21 AM »
Hi Expert,

I heard Microsoft visual studio support Lint (seems line based, after user start a new line to edit, it will highlight or report error such as undefined variable reference ... etc), so I wonder if slickedit already support it or plan to support it in future?

Thanks,
Lusu

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: c/c++ lint support
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 06:38:23 AM »
I think it's not exactly lint ie. full, configurable static code analysis.
However, SE already comes with a symbol colorizer. What do you miss ?
HS2

Exolon

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
  • https://blog.mdb977.de/
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 06:40:35 AM »
Hi Lusu,

I'm using PCLint from within SlickEdit via the build menu. Customization and integration of PCLint was very easy and the Lint warnings appear in SlickEdits Message List window.

So, what do you expect from SlickEdits Lint support?

Regards

Mike

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 08:14:52 PM »
You can configure lint (assuming you have it installed already on your PC) by going to the Tools tab in Project Properties and clicking on the New button. That opens a wizard that guides you through the process of setting it up. You can also configure the SE error parser so that when you double-click on a lint error in the build window it will automatically take you to the line in the source code.

Attached is a screen shot of the Tools tab after adding a unit-level lint command.

lusu2004

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 12:44:12 AM »
Hi All Expert,

Thanks a lots for your great comment, I learn that I have to use a third party tool to lint in slickedit IDE, I google and see cppcheck may help me.

Anyway, thanks again!

Best Regards,
Lusu