Author Topic: Search Results  (Read 1904 times)

SeeCwriter

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Search Results
« on: May 15, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »
With the previous version SE, the search results would be displayed in a docked frame at the bottom of the edit window, and I could adjust the size of the frame by grabbing the top and dragging it up or down.
With SE 2014, v19.0.1.1 (64-bit), search results showed up in a floating pop-up. The pop-up could resized and moved all over the main window. Not what I wanted, but I couldn't figure out how to change it, but it was livable. Today, for reasons unknown, when I search the main edit window is split in half with the lower half my open files and the top half the search results, and neither half can be resized. It's fixed. And when I close the search results frame, the window goes back to full size, but a search tab shows up on the list of file tabs. when I select the tab the search results are there.

I have gone through the options dialogs and can't figure out how to change this behavior.

Can someone enlighten me?

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: Search Results
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »
I'm not totally clear from your description, but the easiest thing would be to reset your window layout (Window>Reset Window Layout).

And: Install the latest version (19.0.2.5).

++rodney